You deserve to feel safe.
Welcome. We’re glad you’ve come. Asian Women United of Minnesota (AWUM) is a safe place for all women and their children dealing with domestic violence, including physical, emotional, or sexual abuse. We offer:
• A domestic violence shelter
• Support and care for victims of domestic violence
• Legal and financial advocacy
• A 24-hour multilingual help line
• Employment assistance
• Community advocacy and awareness raising about domestic violence
Even if you’re not ready to leave your situation but need a safe place to think or talk to someone, AWUM is for you. Find out more about what we do.
How do I know if I’m being abused? Learn more here about abuse and its effects. If you have more questions about domestic violence, our crisis line counselors are available 24 hours a day, to talk to you.
Congratulations on taking the first step. You don’t have to be alone with uncertainty, fear and hurt any more. A life of peace is waiting for you. Please contact us any time. Let’s take the next step together.